Revised selection policy and call for selectors
The board in their last meeting approved a revised selection policy and decided to issue an open call for applications to serve as a selector.
The Cricket NL board will use the following criteria to establish the Selection Committee.
- Selection committee members should have played club or higher level cricket for at least 5 years.
- At least two selectors (excluding coach and captain) should have participated in at least one inter-provincial tournament in Canada.
- Selection committee members must be cognizant of the skills and talent of the top Cricket NL players available for selection.
- Selection committee members must willing to commit the time to monitoring of potential provincial players in matches and attend practices and try-outs.
- Candidates should display leadership and communications skills.
- ICC accreditation or formal coaching training is considered a bonus.
- Players in consideration for selection are in general excluded from the committee, but can be included if insufficient qualified candidates are available.
If you are interested in serving as a selector then e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with an outline of your background and qualifications for the position by January 30, 2018.