Provincial captaincy position
The selection committee is looking for expressions of interest in captaining the provincial team for 2019. The captain will need to fulfil the following requirements:
– sound understanding of the game of cricket, particularly the captain’s role
– demonstrated captaincy experience at high level
– leadership skills including ability to lead a team from different local teams and backgrounds, positive attitude, good people skills
– familiarity with local players and their abilities
– cricketing ability
– commitment to the full provincial programme, including availability for training, practices and practice games as well as the Eastern T20 tournament in July.
Anyone interested should e-mail Dave Liverman by April 20 with a short CV or covering letter outlining their qualifications and why they should be considered for the position. All expressions of interest will be kept confidential. The selection committee will make a recommendation to the board In the following week.