Call for selectors, and Eastern T20 tournament 2019
As per the selection policy the board is issuing an open call for applications to serve as a selector.
The Cricket NL board will use the following criteria to establish the Selection Committee.
- Selection committee members should have played club or higher level cricket for at least 5 years.
- At least two selectors (excluding coach and captain) should have participated in at least one inter-provincial tournament in Canada.
- Selection committee members must be cognizant of the skills and talent of the top Cricket NL players available for selection.
- Selection committee members must willing to commit the time to monitoring of potential provincial players in matches and attend practices and try-outs.
- Candidates should display leadership and communications skills.
- ICC accreditation or formal coaching training is considered a bonus.
- Players in consideration for selection are in general excluded from the committee, but can be included if insufficient qualified candidates are available.
If you are interested in serving as a selector then e-mail email@example.com with an outline of your background and qualifications for the position by March 30, 2018.
We plan to send the provincial team to compete in the 2019 Eastern T20 competition again this year. The likely date is July 19-21 in PEI. Newfoundland and Labrador finished 4th last year, with Quebec winning the tournament.
Players interested in playing for the provincial team need to be aware that there are fitness standards that need to be met, and that there will be a significant cost to participating. The board is looking for sponsorship but would welcome any ideas for fund-raising from the membership.
We hope to start weekly HP practices and fitness sessions at the conclusion of the Winter League,