Spartans and PSA top tables with 3 wins and no losses
11 March: Spartans beat Nachos by 59 runs Scorecard
13 March: PSA beat Lions by 112 runs Scorecard
13 March: Asia_Xpress beat Desi Boyz by 3 wickets Scorecard
15 March: PSA beat Take it Easy by 4 wickets Scorecard
17 March: Take it Easy beat Lions by 2 wickets Scorecard
18 March: Asia_Xpress beat Nachos by 5 wickets Scorecard
20 March: Badmaash Company beat Desi Boys by 23 runs Scorecard
21 March: Spartans beat Desi Boys by 74 runsScorecard
Take it Easy (83/2) beat Bangladesh Sixers (23 all out) by 80 runs, and PSA (102/3) beat Nomads (57/2) by 45 runs as the Winter League continues
PSA v Nomads
Take it Easy v Sixers
Nachos beat Badmaash Company by 80 runs thanks to an unbroken century opening partnership from Kaivallya Kulkarni (65*) and Rajendar
Some fine bowling by man of the match Shaifan supported by three run outs dismissed the Lions for 18. The Nomads knocked off the runs in the third over.
The Spartans beat the Asia_Xpress squad in the Winter League opener, posting an impressive 108/2, thanks to 38 from Kavish, well supported by 23 from Karimulla, 19 from Abbas Haider, and 15 from Prateek. In reply, the Xpress struggled against the bowling of Neelav (3-0-6-1), making 51/4 from their 8 overs.
We have ten teams entered in the Winter League. These will be split into two groups of five and play a round-robin with the top two teams in each group contesting semi-finals. Check back for dates and details.
NLCA Winter League 2013 Teams
NLCA Winter League 2013 – Groups and Teams
Indian Warriors won the Fall League, hitting top form at the end of the tournament, beating BD Power in the semi-final, and Team Nachos in the final. Congratulations to all teams and organizers for a great tournament. Indoor cricket will be back in February!
Semi final scorecard
Indian Warriors- Champions
Team Nachos - runners up
The Fall League is well underway with teams fighting for the top 4 slots. The Fall league games has seen some blistering performances and we are optimistic that it will only get better from here until the title has been conquered.
Results to date
1. Indian Warriors beat Nachos (MoM Sentil) – Scorecard
2. BD Power beat Indian Wolves (MoM Ayaz) – Scorecard
3. PSA beat Take It Easy (MoM Abbas) – Scorecard
4. Nachos beat Indian Wolves (MoM Rajender) – Scorecard
5. BD Sixers beat PSA (MoM Neel) – Scorecard
6. BD Power beat Take It Easy (MoM Shaifan) – Scorecard
7. Nachos beat PSA (MoM Kankayalian) – Scorecard
8. BD Sixers beat Indian Wolves (MoM Shakeel) – Scorecard
9. BD Power beat Indian Warriors (MoM Neelav) – Scorecard
10. Indian Warriors beat Take It Easy (MoM Neelav) – Scorecard
Points table (updated Nov 26)
The event will start 11 Nov at 1 PM at the MUN indoor facilities PE-2000. The Fall Committee and the various captains and managers met last Thursday 8-Nov to draw the fixtures based on a Ballot process and also establish rules and regulations for the tournament.Please come and see the games and support the teams. Newfoundland and Labrador’s finest cricketers will fight their way to the Fall Cricket League 2012 Trophy.
Please note: Teams and the Matches they play will change based on the availability of the venue and the Teams
||Take It easy
||Take It easy
|Take It Easy
||Take It easy
||Take It easy
We would like to invite teams to participate in the Fall indoor tournament. Please note the following:
• The deadline to get your teams registered will be 5 PM on the 8th of Nov
• For each game a team can field 6 players. I.e this will be 6 a side tournament conducted in the MUN basketball location
• If someone does not have a team but would still like to participate please reach out to NLCA, we will try to either create a separate team (if there are adequate members) or try to slot the individuals in other teams that need players
• The fee per player for the entire Fall tournament will be $ 10
• We would expect each team to appoint a point person as the main contact. The point person can be the captain if required. The point person will be responsible to pay tournament fees upfront to NLCA.
• Once we receive the information on the number of teams we will finalize the schedule, draws and the tournament format. Currently we are planning to start around mid-November.
• Once we have all the teams we intend to have a meeting with all the team captains/team contact and discuss the tournament rules, obtain feedback and establish the rules and conditions
• Please use the following email ID for your communication with regards to submitting your team information: firstname.lastname@example.org