National Championship

For discussion of all aspects of Canadian cricket
Victorian

National Championship

Post by Victorian » Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:56 am

I watched the Fire v Stallions game on youtube. I enjoyed it. It’s a good standard and the players are playing hard and running hard, looking to score runs, looking to get guys out. There were several misfields which you can’t have at international level. The game was three hours of playing time. Of course, no one was watching. I wonder why the tournament is Monday-Wednesday? According to the CC app there are no sponsors. Come to think of it, there were no billboards at the grounds as I was watching.

ray

Re: National Championship

Post by ray » Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:25 am

Are there team lists (or at least scorecards) for this tournament? I'm interested in which players are involved. I've just seen summaries on CC Facebook.

Victorian

Post by Victorian » Tue Sep 14, 2021 4:47 pm

There are team lists and stats (no scorecards it seems) on the CC app. The website is years out of date. But with the app and FB there is more coverage than ever.

JSMunn
Site Admin

Post by JSMunn » Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:08 am

There are full scorecards on the CC app, plus live scoring and streaming coverage of all games. I'd guess the mid-week timing is based on availability of King City. Pitches seem to heavily favour spinners, two days in, no outstanding new names seem to have appeared but a good opportunity for the selectors to see national team contenders.