WCL Division 2 prep

For discussion of all aspects of Canadian cricket
ray

Re: WCL Division 2 prep

Post by ray » Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:19 am

USA have apparently beaten Zimbabwe Chairman's XI. In a couple of warm-up tours to Zim a few years back, Canada never managed to beat any opposition. A good result for the USA.

Meanwhile, the rest of the teams including Canada are mum on any warm-up results. All we know is that Canada played North West Dragons team last week because they briefly posted a FB video. I'm not sure what valuable information would be be given away by 3 minutes of low quality video featuring Canada out in the middle. And what was the point of CC mentioning they were to play Afghanistan? Oh well, the real games start soon enough.

Victorian

Post by Victorian » Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:38 am

I messaged Pervez, Dutta, and Wijeyeratne on FB. Only Pervez replied. The others did one other time a couple of years ago but not this time. Pervez said they are in SA to practice and "play few games". That was a week ago and I tried to follow up and have had no response. Is there a social media policy of not engaging fans?

Victorian

Post by Victorian » Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:07 pm

I emailed Ingleton Liburd and then, the next day, there's something on FB! The team played against the Northwest Team. One game rained out and the other Canada won by four wickets. Canada played against "Team Afghanistan" but the game was abandoned because of lightning. So, a good effort but weather hampering the preparations. Also, USA Cricket FB promises "lots of coverage" of the tournament. Also, check out www.emergingcricket.com a new website that will cover the tournament as well. (I have no affiliation with it).