Whats wrong with Canada cricket?

For discussion of all aspects of Canadian cricket
ray

Re: Whats wrong with Canada cricket?

Post by ray » Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:22 am

Emerging cricket article on recent rise of Singapore:
https://www.emergingcricket.com/feature ... ot-at-all/

Their recent successes are no accident but rather the result of hard work and lots of matches. The implication is that the board are well-supported financially. It is not a surprise Singapore are stronger.

Canada will have to tap into the programs provided by their GT20 benefactors (contracts and training tours) to improve our team. Let's hear what is planned, Cricket Canada.

You're right, mautan. CC has not shown great creativity is the recent past. The exception was perhaps the CC Summer Festival last year from which Romesh Eranga, Ravinderpal Singh, Rodrigo Thomas and Harsh Thaker emerged. Now that our board has a little funding, they definitely have to put it to use.

Ethanroy

Post by Ethanroy » Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:57 am

No future for Canada until the system improves says "espncricinfo"

mzia12

Post by mzia12 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:00 am

Anybody consoled by president Saini's video articulation? I accept that the CC board places in a great deal of exertion and gets not this time and there is uncalled for analysis, yet then there is a deficiency of data and correspondence. Likewise, Saini didn't offer any promise to take care of the condition of the game in Canada. CC has three years until the WC qualifying competition to truly get the game moving in Canada and get the national group to contend and to create players and give them chances to play at the most significant level. There was nothing in this video saying that is the thing that CC will do. They're hanging tight for a type of reports.

Victorian

Post by Victorian » Sun Feb 23, 2020 1:37 pm

Super interesting point and outlook from Sri Lankan player Hasaranga. From cricinfo...

"Also in the practice matches I'd played well from lower in the order. That's where I will bat in the national team, so even in club matches I made sure to bat nos. 6, 7, and 8. Yes, they were club matches but it did have an (a)ffect on my mind. I had the confidence that I can play in these kinds of innings."

We have heard repeatedly that Canada has seven openers. Maybe a guy that knows he's going on tour could take this approach in the T&DCA.

Victorian

Post by Victorian » Fri Dec 04, 2020 4:03 pm

The following are sports banned for adults in BC. It seems like they put in every sport they could possibly think of. Do you (ahem) notice any they might have missed? Isn't there something in the CC strategic plan about...oh...never mind.

Basketball
Cheerleading
Combat sports
Floor hockey
Floor ringette
Road hockey
Ice hockey
Ringette
Martial arts
Netball
Team skating
Soccer
Volleyball
Indoor bowling
Lawn bowling
Curling
Lacrosse
Hockey
Ultimate
Rugby
Football
Baseball
Softball

timmyj51

Post by timmyj51 » Sat Dec 05, 2020 1:58 pm

"Fastest growing sport in Canada", you know.

Insignificance may be a blessing. Now cricket's the only
team sport allowed in BC. :o :o :o

JSMunn
Site Admin

Post by JSMunn » Sun Dec 06, 2020 6:38 am

In Newfoundland and Labrador you'll also find cricket not listed under the COVID guidelines. This is because the sport is not considered to be a fully fledged and recognised provincial sports organization by the government. In order to gain this recognition, it has to be played in at least three of the regions defined under their guidelines, and currently is only played in one, although the participation numbers are higher than some of the sports officially recognised. Cricket NL is an associate member of Sport NL, but needs to spread more widely for full recognition. It is possible that the same situation applies in BC?

Victorian

Post by Victorian » Sun Dec 06, 2020 12:39 pm

JSMunn wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 6:38 am
In Newfoundland and Labrador you'll also find cricket not listed under the COVID guidelines. This is because the sport is not considered to be a fully fledged and recognised provincial sports organization by the government. In order to gain this recognition, it has to be played in at least three of the regions defined under their guidelines, and currently is only played in one, although the participation numbers are higher than some of the sports officially recognised. Cricket NL is an associate member of Sport NL, but needs to spread more widely for full recognition. It is possible that the same situation applies in BC?
I have no idea but I think you're probably right! So...we're allowed to play it because it's not an official sport?? No. It'll fall under another ban of large gatherings or something.

timmyj51

Post by timmyj51 » Sun Dec 06, 2020 2:50 pm

22 people may not count as "a large gathering." Anyhow, another wake-up-from-your-fantasy-world
reminder of the insignificant status of Canada's "fastest
growing (cough, :roll: cough :roll: ) sport."

Victorian

Post by Victorian » Sun May 09, 2021 11:53 am

Just for fun. From a Zimbabwe cricket forum and referring to Brendan Taylor:

This is such an ugly innings, it looks like he could get out at any time. This is how I imagine an expat slogger from the Canadian club cricket scene would approach things if he got an unexpected Test call up :lol: