ICC Cricket World Cup Challenge League

For discussion of all aspects of Canadian cricket
ray

Re: ICC Cricket World Cup Challenge League

Post by ray » Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:20 am

Yes, I'm sure the points will be carried over to the next "round". Canada and Singapore tied on 8 points with Canada ahead on NRR. Qatar and Denmark not far behind with Canada's loss. Still 2 rounds and 10 matches to be played. Hope that Canada will host a round.

Canada must beat Singapore next time to create some space at the top. The team has failed in recent years to win games that would clinch promotion. They have to become the type of team that can get the job done. It is still a work in progress. However, it they use this loss as motivation and rebuild the team for 2022 Playoff, they should be fine.

mautan

Re: ICC Cricket World Cup Challenge League

Post by mautan » Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:12 pm

ray wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:20 am
Yes, I'm sure the points will be carried over to the next "round". Canada and Singapore tied on 8 points with Canada ahead on NRR. Qatar and Denmark not far behind with Canada's loss. Still 2 rounds and 10 matches to be played. Hope that Canada will host a round.

Canada must beat Singapore next time to create some space at the top. The team has failed in recent years to win games that would clinch promotion. They have to become the type of team that can get the job done. It is still a work in progress. However, it they use this loss as motivation and rebuild the team for 2022 Playoff, they should be fine.
It does seem that they are not able to turn it on in critical games. Hope they are working on it. They have now won 8 of the last 10 games and one was rained with a sure victory in sight. This one they lost by a few runs. Overall seems to be getting better, but very true in not getting the job done. If the points do get carried over, we lost one more opportunity to get ahead yesterday. Hope it does not come to bite later. The loss to Nepal by one wicket hurt a lot, emotionally and financially.
Anyways, lets take the current good, I heard on the Emerging cricket podcast that Sandeep Lamichane, after great IPL and BB last year, was taken to cleaners by Qatar and Singapore teams recently. That tells me all these teams have quality and we should not take anyone lightly. Cricket is in beautiful place today, with a Nepali playing in IPL, BB, as many as 4 Afghans in BB and IPL, Nepal and Zim playing, Scots beating Eng etc etc.Cricket is truely getting global.