Nominations are now closed. The candidates are:-
President (2-year term): Gurman Khurana, Saad Shaifan Ahmed
Vice President (1-year term): Khurram Shahzad, Akashdeep Singh
Secretary (2-year term): Wahidur Rahman
Directors at large (2-year term, 2 positions): Madushanka Bhandara, Amit Negandhi, Ranvir Rana, Daxraj Mehta, Irtiza Dar, Muhammad Belal Awan
Women’s Director (2-year term): Diya Trivedi
Ballots will be e-mailed to voters at 12 pm, October 22, and voting will remain open until 12 pm, October 23.
Candidates were asked to provide brief statements in support of their candidacy.
To date the following have been received:
Previous contributions and achievements:
· Founding member of Cricket Newfoundland in 2010 and initial organization.
· Pivotal role in bringing the Atlantic tournament to NL in partnership with Cricket Canada and construction of concrete pitch at RCAF.
· Helped fundraise north of $30,000 for Cricket NL for Infrastructure, equipment and hosting related activities.
· Key board member role for multiple years on Cricket Newfoundland with proven leadership qualities.
· Previous Coach (2022) and Captain (2021) of the Men’s provincial team.
· Tournament Chair for Eastern Atlantic Cricket Tournament 2017.
· High Performance Committee member for Cricket Canada for 2 years.
· Volunteered as a selector on the selection committee for multiple years.
· Led the organization of the Interprovincial tournament hosted in Newfoundland including tents, food, Uniforms, purchase of lawn tractor etc.
· Liaised with the Mayor of St. John’s, Sports NL & Airport authority for Infrastructure improvements and hosting of the Atlantic tournament.
Vision for Cricket NL:
· To grow the presence of the sport and membership by working with the City of St. John’s, Provincial Government, Cricket Canada, and Sport NL.
· To grow women’s, junior and Men’s Leagues and programs. Especially support the women’s and junior program by devoting time and resources.
· To apply for funding/sponsorship to reduce club fees and support athlete travel for provincial tournaments.
· Work on infrastructure projects such as indoor facility, commercial tractor, scoreboard, seating arrangements and other improvements.
· Work on local leagues rules and organization to make it fair for all clubs participating.
– Ensure good quality cricket and associated facilities within an inclusive and friendly environment to all the members of Cricket NL.