Cricket Canada HP League

For discussion of all aspects of Canadian cricket
ray

Re: Cricket Canada HP League

Post by ray » Sun Jun 19, 2022 5:34 pm

1st Alberta HP match was rain-affected, shortened to 25 overs apiece. Once again, a single fixed camera was used for the streaming but this time with commentary. There may have been a problem with the pitch because bowling was only from one end. I only caught the last 10 overs of the 2nd innings and didn't hear the reason. A close match and some commentary made for an improved experience over the first BC match. On-screen graphics were displayed for boundaries and wickets. Hopefully more improvements to come.

Victorian

Post by Victorian » Sun Jun 19, 2022 11:10 pm

What is the name of the park they played at? Some years back I watched part of a game in Calgary and they bowled from one end. Must be a local playing condition. I remember people from a wedding repeatedly walking through the game. I mean, they were wearing uniforms! Obviously a game us going on! Also in this game the shirts are very similar for both teams. It’s a shame it was reduced so much. It won’t help these guys be prepared for ODIs. The game ended in good light. It could have been a bit longer.

ray

Post by ray » Mon Jun 20, 2022 7:12 am

^ The Alberta HP matches are played at Victoria Park in Edmonton. It might be the only cricket venue in Alberta with a turf wicket. By the way, do you recognize any of the names in the BC squads, Victorian. I saw a few from Alberta that 'rang a bell'.

Regarding the similar uniforms, I remarked the same thing for the BC match. The organizers appear to have deliberately chosen a reverse colour scheme for the BC and AB teams but it does not work on-screen, the uniforms are too similar. I would put that down as something to work on for next year.

CC Facebook says BC HP Match 2 was played yesterday (Sunday, June 19). This does not match the schedule originally posted. Will have to watch the highlights later. It would be interesting to see how many are watching the streaming.

Victorian

Post by Victorian » Mon Jun 20, 2022 1:18 pm

I saw some kind of message that four players from Victoria are involved. One I know well and I don’t think any of them have played yet which would indicate that the teams aren’t set and many players are getting an opportunity. I also was surprised that a game was this weekend. Oh well, schedule subject to change.

Victorian

Post by Victorian » Mon Jun 20, 2022 1:18 pm

I saw some kind of message that four players from Victoria are involved. One I know well and I don’t think any of them have played yet which would indicate that the teams aren’t set and many players are getting an opportunity. I also was surprised that a game was this weekend. Oh well, schedule subject to change.

Victorian

Post by Victorian » Wed Aug 10, 2022 3:08 pm

Three Ontario teams announced on FB but no schedule yet. This might help Canada prepare for Malaysia in December?

Victorian

Post by Victorian » Wed Aug 10, 2022 10:18 pm

A compressed schedule but Aug 12-28.

ray

Post by ray » Thu Aug 11, 2022 7:10 am

Great. I thought it the Ontario HP might not be played with time running out before the 50 over HP National tournament in September.

Squads:
Ontario lightning squad
Junaid Siddique (c), Nicholas Manohar (vc), Jinit Kansara, Nadeem Manjra, Jash Shah, Sidd Ladd, Ethan Gibson, Nissar Khan, Mihir Patel, Siddharth Patel, Gagandeep Jaiswal, Shahroze Shah, Parveen Dhull, Kanwarpal Tathgur, Udey Bhullar

Ontario storm squad
Shubham Sharma (c), Yug rao (vc), Yasir Mahmood, Haris Choudhary, Riyaz Pathan, Vikas Verma, Arjun Thuraisingham, Anoop Cheema, Naresh Buohayer, Waleed Hassan, Jannatpreet Singh, Mansimran Singh, Arjuna Sukhu, Nauman Zafar, Ujaikirat Virk

Ontario thunder squad
Cecil Pervez(c), Rishiv Joshi (vc), Ashutosh Walia, Jaskaran Singh, Darshil Patel, Harkamal Sandhu, Raymond Bynoe, Hardik Patel, Aran Pathamanathan, Manvir Mankoo, Yuvaaj Samra, Ramanvir Chaliwal, Bursimaan Khera, Gyan Singh, Ashish Narwal

Victorian

Post by Victorian » Sun Aug 14, 2022 1:50 pm

Jersey won Challenge League B. Canada will face them in the next qualifier. Worryingly from an Americas standpoint, Bermuda was winless - 0-14 with one no result. Could Canada A have some competition against Bermuda XI? Definitely more Americas qualifying tournaments needed. Bermuda now has to qualify for the next Challenge League assuming it comes to pass.