development

For discussion of all aspects of Canadian cricket
Victorian

Re: development

Post by Victorian » Thu Oct 20, 2022 1:43 pm

Two young Canadian guys are going to play cricket in New Zealand. Parmveer Kharoud, who was on the team for the last WC and Akhil Kumar who has played for Central Districts u19. This is from Ontario Cricket Academy.

ray

Post by ray » Fri Oct 21, 2022 7:01 am

^ Thanks. Interested to see where they fit in the CD hierarchy.

Victorian

Post by Victorian » Fri Nov 04, 2022 5:40 pm

From the Junior Cricket Report to the Cricket BC AGM presented by Anil Khanna, the junior cricket coordinator for Cricket BC.

About the u17 tournament in Winnipeg

“Cricket Canada head coach Pubudu Dassanayake watched closely each players, games and discussed with coaches and managers, about his goals in future. How can we assemble one large group of young talent and groom them with provincial and national programs. In that way, we can be better to compete others nation…Cricket Canada will work closely with elite players and will be preparing a path for rest of players. Coaching clinics and facilities will be provided to them in future.”

ray

Post by ray » Sun Nov 06, 2022 11:41 am

Good to hear. We'll have to see what programs are put in place and whether Cricket Canada has the funding to support Dassanayake's plans over time. I would prefer to see some of the details listed in CC's strategic plan on their website instead getting a mention at a provincial AGM.

At least I believe the coach actually has a plan, which has been lacking over the past decade and beyond.

Victorian

Post by Victorian » Tue Nov 08, 2022 1:15 am

Ontario Cricket Academy

📢 ANNOUNCEMENT📢
OCA will be going on tour to the cricket loving islands of Trinidad and Tobago in April 2023!!!
This will be a great opportunity for our Under 15's to develop their skills and compete 🏏

Victorian

Post by Victorian » Tue Nov 08, 2022 1:31 am

It might be a lot cheaper- actually, maybe not :( - if they sent a team to Vancouver and Calgary.

Victorian

Post by Victorian » Fri Apr 28, 2023 9:18 pm

I've heard there will be a u17 Canada Cup next year ie 2024 not this year. Also, it seems the Jack Kyle Cup, BC v AB u19 is finished for good.

Victorian

Post by Victorian » Tue Jun 06, 2023 2:17 pm

I just heard about some high performance (I guess) u19 games in Toronto. A good comp I’m sure. Wish I’d known ahead of time to follow it a bit and I’d like to know where the players came from.

ray

Post by ray » Tue Jun 06, 2023 3:13 pm

^ Yes, I think it was a 4 team competition in preparation for the selection of the Canadian side for this summer's Americas U19 championship.

I particularly liked (if I correctly understood the info from the CC App) that the 'Gold' team consisted of the overage players from Canada's previous U19 squad. With limited funds for travel abroad, the best we can do is to let new crop of talent face older, more experienced competition. When the final squad is eventually picked, some Canada U19 vs Canada U21 matches and an exchange of experiences might be in order.

ray

Post by ray » Tue Jun 20, 2023 2:26 pm

Potentially big development news with the U.S's Minor League Cricket (MiLC) semi-pro league working with Boundaries North and Cricket Canada to expand north of the border. Investors/owners will be sought.

Useful outcomes of such a venture would be :
  • fostering a higher regional level of play (above that of the current domestic leagues)
  • having designated places in the playing XI for U23 players
  • developing coaches in the league
  • bringing in cricket people with new ideas to operate teams
https://www.cricketcanada.org/news-deta ... -Expansion